Drivers for CARITAS Furniture Bank
As part of the AmeriCorps and CARITAS family you will help transform lives by providing service to those moving through crisis toward stability. Members in the Furniture Bank program will serve as part of a cohesive team to provide furniture assistance to those moving from a housing crisis while mentoring interns from CARITAS Works and engaging volunteers to enrich our Furniture Bank efforts.
- Work in Warehouse to receive donations and inventory items as directed by Warehouse Manager
- Assist volunteers on shoppers to ensure a positive experience
- Provide delivery and pick up services up to 6 households per day acting as a community ambassador for the CARITAS Furniture Bank.
- Act as role models for the students in the CARITAS Works program.
- Supervise Works interns and volunteers as directed by the Warehouse Manager.
- Learn and exercise safety measures in the warehouse and serve as a role model for volunteers
- Route pick-ups using Google in accordance with program parameters.
- Complete Daily truck log and weekly truck maintenance.
- Heat treat furniture as it enters the warehouse; drive air brake truck.
- Work open Saturdays as need to delivery or supervise volunteer projects.
- Act as a rotating member of the Laundry Team to perform laundry service and make deliveries of cots and linens on Saturdays to support the Shelter operations.
- Diligently keep inventory number of what comes in and what goes out of warehouse
Skills Needed: Drivers license; honesty and integrity; positive, teachable attitude, follows directions; desire to work as part of a team for the greater good; Ability to lift 75+ pounds; ability to make a field based decision based on the values of the agency; good sense of direction a plus. We are an inclusive project site.
As an AmeriCorps member you will provide at least 35 hours of Direct Service each week and be required to complete all training during the service year. All training sessions are mandatory!
This is an AmeriCorps quarter-time position:
Contract hours: 450 hours of service Average 35 Hours/wk – approximately 8-4 m-th and 8-3 f and one Saturday a month. (Other times at discretion of Warehouse Manager.)
Service Dates: between May 2017 and August 2017 With possible contract renewal for additional 6 months.
Stipend Paid: $3600 Distributed in equal bi-monthly payments throughout contract period.
Educational Award: $1515 This will be awarded upon successful completion of the service term. This education grant can be used for any accredited program in Virginia or transferred to an immediate family member if you are over 55 at the start of your service contract.
Resource Navigator Position Summary
The CARITAS Shelter operates through local congregations to provide shelter and a pathway to housing for our most vulnerable citizens. We have a Men’s, Women’s and Family Program, each of which move congregations from week to week
This position will provide support to the case managers in our single adult program. Candidates will work with clients to obtain basic documentation required for housing, connect clients with potential housing solutions, and will navigate clients through their housing crisis. Candidate will transport clients to appointments, and serve as a critical link between day staff and overnight staff. This position will be required to work until 8 pm two nights a week.
- Single Adult client assessments, referrals, and provide client support and direction culminating in the placement of these individuals into extended shelter programs or other appropriate housing.
- Monitor and determine acceptable service plan progress by regularly conferencing with each client.
- Complete client paperwork and enter data in client-tracking database. Assist with completion of grant statistics as needed.
- Attend weekly case management staff meetings.
- Transport clients to and from housing related appointments.
Supervisor: Senior Case Manager
This is an AmeriCorps half time position:
Contract hours: 450 hours of service. This must be completed by August 31, 2017.
Service Dates: between hire date and August 31, 2017 with possible contract renewal for additional 6 months.
Stipend Paid: $3600 Distributed in equal bi-monthly payments throughout contract period. Educational Award: $1515 This will be awarded upon successful completion of the service term and can be used for any accredited program in Virginia or transferred to an immediate family member if you are over 55 at the start of your service contract.
Qualifications: BSW or related undergraduate degree preferred w/preference given to those with experience working with homeless individuals (substance abuse, mental illness, domestic violence. SSI/SSDI benefit processing) in a case management setting. Clear criminal history, valid Virginia driver’s license, good driving record and reliable transportation required.
Responsibilities: Support Senior Case Manager in providing case management for the clients in the Single Adult emergency shelter program
Hours: Evening Shifts and some morning shifts
How to Apply: Fill out this form or email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Shelter Position in subject line.