Job Openings at CARITAS
Currently accepting applications for Temporary Driver position with CARITAS Solutions. (Posted 3/30/2017)
Position Summary: CARITAS Solutions is a social enterprise of CARITAS that provides moving, hauling, and furniture removal and installation services for local customers. This position provides temporary employment opportunities, helping to fill the gap in work history and providing job and team building skills.
CARITAS Solution Driver
- Loads and unloads furniture and related materials onto and off trucks, ensuring that appropriate padding and straps are used to prevent damage.
- Responsible for moving office and household goods, appliances, equipment, etc. to and from job site to trucks using proper safety and moving skills.
- Responsible for operating a 26 ft. non-commercial truck adhering to all safety and traffic regulations; driver is expected to sweep out truck at the end of shift.
- Attend planning, strategy & safety meeting for projects as scheduled.
- Models proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environment practices.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Tasked in cleaning up work sites, discarding all trash and debris.
- Follow routine verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to safely and efficiently operate a forklift, mechanical lift gates, and platforms, as appropriate to the position.
Supervisor: Primary: Procurement/Special Project Manager, Secondary: Special Project Coordinator
- Driver’s license and good driving record
- Ability to lift 75 lbs.
- Maintain a positive attitude
- Be open and teachable
- Strong Customer Service skills with the motivation to improve
- Honesty and integrity
- Value service before self
- Value Teamwork over individual gain
CARITAS Values: Achievement, Honor, Innovation, Integrity, Passion, Servant Leadership –
The CARITAS culture reflects these values. Professional and timely communication among and between our constituents to include staff, volunteers, donors and clients as well as the ability to work across the programs of the organization – Shelter, the Furniture Bank, Works and The Healing Place are necessary for success.
Please submit resume and CARITAS Job Application to QueVonte Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for this position.