Your treasure awaits...lets make a deal!
Calling all savvy shoppers! Come join us at the CARITAS Furniture Bank warehouse rain or shine, and find something for everyone! Nonessential donated items are for sale to make room for the essential items that go to our clients.
Friday, February 6th: 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Wednesday, February 18th: 3:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
CARITAS Furniture Bank
1125 E Commerce Rd
Richmond VA 23224
2015 Future Sales:
March 6th and 18th
April 3rd and 15th
May 1st and 20th
The Furniture Bank will also be open on these Saturdays for donation drop offs!
All proceeds go directly into supporting the mission of CARITAS. Visit us on Facebook to view pictures of items for the upcoming Sale!
Yard Sale FAQs
What is the CARITAS Yard Sale?
- The CARITAS Indoor Yard Sale is a place to find a wide variety of items like china cabinets, collectibles, office furniture, art, books, mirrors, and more at bargain prices. Shoppers get a great deal, and CARITAS uses the proceeds to serve more of our most vulnerable neighbors. It is held on the first weekend of each month and is open from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on the Friday and 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. on the Saturday. Check out our upcoming dates.
Well, how does the Furniture Bank work?
- Generous community members like you donate their gently-used furniture and household goods to the CARITAS Furniture Bank. Those goods are then redistributed to clients in need on the verge of homelessness or just moving into a permanent living situation.
- More than 90 social services agencies and case managers have established referral partnerships with the CARITAS Furniture Bank. Each client who comes through the Furniture Bank has been referred by a partner.
- A client sets up an appointment to shop with a trained volunteer who will guide the “shopper” through the Furniture Bank. Together, they pick out essential furniture for the client’s new home. The amount the client receives depends on the size of the household and the availability of items at the Furniture Bank.
- Learn more about the CARITAS Furniture Bank by watching our video.
So, if you redistribute sets of furniture, how can customers buy the unique items you have in the Yard Sale?
- Items end up in the Yard Sale because clients didn’t need them or couldn’t use them. Before the Yard Sale, CARITAS disposed of these items or gave them away to other organizations to sell.
- We do not sell essential items. That is our commitment to our clients and our supporters. The proceeds from the nonessential items that we do sell go directly to supporting the mission of CARITAS. So, the sale of nonessential items in our Yard Sale still directly benefits the clients.
Hold on! What is CARITAS?
- CARITAS is the largest homeless services provider in the greater Richmond area. Through its four programs, CARITAS works to break the cycles of homelessness and addiction in our community.
You mean it’s more than just the Shelter program?
- The Shelter program has been operating for 25 years and provides emergency shelter for up to 120 individuals a night. The Furniture Bank receives donated furniture and essential household items and distributes them to clients in need. The CARITAS Works program is a job-readiness training program for men facing barriers to employment that teaches them how to get a job and keep a job. The Healing Place has been a program of CARITAS since 2012 and is a long-term addiction recovery program for homeless men with sobriety rates rivaling private facilities.
Items donated to the CARITAS Furniture Bank will be given directly to clients and used to further the mission of CARITAS.