Job Openings at CARITAS
Currently accepting applications for Men’s Overnight Shelter Monitor at The Healing Place.
The Overnight Monitor is responsible for the safety and security of the men in the overnight shelter.
- Oversee and manage clients in the check-in process.
- Brief clients on the rules and regulations of THP Overnight Shelter.
- Respond to any emergency situations appropriately and monitor security.
- Provide information on Recovery Programs and encourage participation when appropriate.
- Prepare written incident reports.
- Enter information on THP and Partner Database Systems.
- Candidate will also be cross trained in the Sobering Up Center
- Engage and supervise volunteers participating in program activities.
Supervisor: This position reports to the Senior Overnight Monitor.
Hours: 4PM to 12PM or 12PM to 8AM (or as assigned)
- Ability to work well with this client population.
- Skilled in conflict resolution.
- Ability to handle emergency situations.
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- High School Diploma or GED
Valid T.B. test within 2 weeks of being hired; Current CPR certification required within 2 weeks of being hired; Complete background check per DBHDS guidelines.
CARITAS Values: Achievement, Honor, Innovation, Integrity, Passion, Servant Leadership –
The CARITAS culture reflects these values. Professional and timely communication among and between our constituents to include staff, volunteers, donors and clients as well as the ability to work across the programs of the organization – Shelter, the Furniture Bank, Works and The Healing Place are necessary for success.
Please submit resume and CARITAS Job Application to James Goodwin at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for this position.